Children are assessed regularly throughout their time at school.
Assessment is carried out in a variety of ways:
- Weekly spellings and maths tests
- End of topic tests
- Twice yearly reading tests
- Annual Standard Assessment Tasks (SATs) for Years 2 to 6
- Baseline assessment for Reception children
- Phonics Screening Check in Year 1
The results form part of the teacher’s continuous assessment which enables him/her to ascertain the level of each child’s achievement. This information is then passes on to the parents and to the next teacher.
There are two Parent –Teacher evenings, one in the Autumn term and another in the Spring term, when parents are informed of their child’s progress. In the Summer term you will be given a full written report.