Hot meals are cooked in the school kitchen and are available at a cost of £2.20 per day. Children may bring their own sandwiches if they prefer
Families who receive certain benefits may be eligible for free school meals. Your child is eligible for free school meals if you’re in receipt of one of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400.
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual income of no more than £16,190
Free School meals forms can be obtained from the school office.
A menu is sent out at the beginning of each season and includes a vegetarian option. Any other special dietary requirements should be reported to the cook who will only be too pleased to make special arrangements.
The Government fund free school meals for every child in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2.