Beckley Church of England Primary School is a happy, inclusive and successful school. Our children are enthusiastic and interested in learning. We have a strong staff team, supportive parents and a committed governing body who all work in partnership to make school a happy, safe place for each child to learn and thrive. As a rural school, we serve a cluster of small villages just north-east of Oxford and we also attract some children from the city. We are part of the River Learning Trust and work positively with Trust schools, other local schools, and our Diocese to create and sustain excellence in all aspects of school life.
We are looking for a headteacher who is a dynamic and dedicated team player and is knowledgeable about children’s learning.
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate success in senior leadership and management;
- Possess skills and expertise to continue to develop high standards of teaching and learning, further develop staff, and deliver a curriculum for excellence;
- Have successful experience of teaching the primary age-range;
- Demonstrate excellent communication and collaboration skills;
- Be approachable, caring, and have integrity;
- Have experience of school finance management;
- Develop our strong partnerships with parents, governors, and the community;
- Be fully involved in and passionate about all aspects of school life;
- Have the vision and skills to build on already high standards.
We can offer you:
- A successful school with a welcoming, caring atmosphere and strong ethos;
- A creative and nurturing environment;
- Experienced, skilled and supportive staff;
- Happy and enthusiastic children who enjoy learning and uphold the school values;
- Committed and supportive governors who provide an appropriate level of challenge;
- Parents who actively support the school;
- The opportunity to work for a successful and growing Trust who care passionately about your personal development.
If you are interested in our school, and for an initial conversation about the role, please contact Judy Brown in our School Office: firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01865 351416. She will be happy to put you in touch with our current Headteacher or Chair of Governors.
We would welcome visits to the school, subject to any Covid restrictions. Please call the school office on the above number if you would like to make an appointment.
Closing date for applications: 19th April 2021
Interviews: 29th and 30th April 2021
Start date: September 2021
Information pack and applications: https://www.tes.com/jobs/vacancy/headteacher-oxfordshire-1418308
Beckley School and the River Learning Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and preventing extremism. All staff are expected to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. The River Learning Trust is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from a range of backgrounds to represent diversity in line with our schools’ community.